My Blog

Home Forums General Chat My Blog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Farrar
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

When I returned to Karate I decided I would keep a journal, I then decided a blog would be easier. I miss blogs in a world dominated by YouTube videos; sometimes reading is just easier. So for those of us who feel like that please have a read. I’ve just written a review on my first week of online Shotokan training

https://www.mykaratejourney.co.uk/

I’d welcome any feedback

Kind Regards

Steve

Nicholas Hamill
    Participant

Monthly Membership

Hi Steve,

Your blog was a very enjoyable read. I find myself in a similar situation to you, with past martial arts experience and now starting fresh. Although I did reach 1st Kyu in Wado Ryu karate, so maybe not as much a transition. Now that I’m older, my outlook has changed significantly. Being a white belt is very different to me now than it was back then!

Steven Farrar
    Participant

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks very much, i’m enjoying writing it and feel it helps keep me on track as a constant reminder of why i’m on this journey. I’m hoping to write another post today but haven’t quite decided how to write it!

It’s certainly been a while since I trained in Karate and i’m finding the movement and low stance the most difficult part i’d say.

It certainly is, i’m quite happy as a white belt with little expectation of me. But in the past I hated it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.